The dynamic Koldproduk Band offers a musical experience that is fueled by a genuine belief in bringing about a positive change in those around them. Their creative and divergent talents come together powerfully, and whatever type of music you claim to enjoy, you will find it here in a hybrid that boldly goes where other bands wish they had gone first.
They fuse Hip hop with pop, dance, R&B, soul, electro music, reggae plus Drum & Bass and the result is music that is as eclectic and as colourful as their live show.
Their debut album “All Under Heaven” in 2007 was testimony to their versatility, and their newest offering, “Prepare To Rise” is an even bolder collection of high energy singles and complex lyrical dimension.
They are releasing their long-awaited, double disc and dvd album “Prepare To Rise” in August.
It’s got five music videos, plus twenty six episodes of step-by-step Hip hop dance and scratch series. Get some.
Their music videos have earned the group various awards and nominations, which have also established them fans internationally, thanks to retail platforms like iTunes.
All of this music is released through their independent record label, Uproot Records.
It’s no surprise that international brands like Nokia Music Store and Levi’s Eyewear have partnered with them, or that they are amongst the brand ambassadors for DC Shoes.
Moki Sage is the lead vocalist in Koldproduk, whose punchy deliveries and hypnotically catchy melodies have developed this artiste into a lyrical machine.
Female vocalist, T*Spark, delivers sensuous R&B and soul elements in her music as well as unforgettable pop hooks.
DJ Soosh is heavily involved in the art of turntablism (using the turntable as a musical instrument) and this makes him more than just a DJ who just plays music but also a musician in his own right.
Si-Anne is a cum laude graduate from the national School of the Arts with a vibrant, energetic and ambitious with a zest for life and a hungry passion for music. She delivers powerful vocals and well as the bass rhythms in the band.
Jason Hinch is originally a jazz drummer, and he honed his hip-hop chops by imitating computer-programmed drum parts on traditional acoustic drum kits. Today, he kills everything from Drum ‘n Bass to R&B. This boy hits hard and will get you dancing.
Kevy G is a career musician who is qualified at degree level in the art of music. His experience with professional stage production makes him invaluable to the band, and he’s a merciless killer the keyboard!
Chad Cohen is the band’s bad-boy rock-star guitarist. He’s played in some of SA’s top ranking festivals and has worked on many projects alongside great musicians, including several full length studio albums and EP’s.
Experience the music of Koldproduk for yourself by contacting them directly, or online via these links: www.myspace.com/koldprodukproject and www.koldproduk.com or on 072 903 7474.
You see, Koldproduk is no longer coming: Koldproduk is already here.
• Koldproduk released the 18-track debut Album “All Under Heaven” to music stores nationwide in May 2007 and internationally on iTunes.
• Their radio singles “Hush”, “Watching You”, “Lessallgetdown” hit No.1 on various national and campus radio stations and chart shows like 5fm’s Hi 5 @ 5 during DJ Fresh’s drive time show, Red Cap Radio, East Coast radio, MFM, Pukke fm, Tuks fm and Power fm in Zimbabwe.
• “For you, you and you” sat at No.1 on 5fm’s Hi 5 @ 5 three consecutive weeks.
• “Hush” was released as an exclusive video on MTV Base Africa and was voted the best music video out of Africa for 2007 by their hit TV show MTV Player.
• In July 2007 “Hush” was also play-listed on USA TV Channel IMF (International Music Feed) amongst the best music videos from around the world.
• The same music video went on to become nominated by Channel O Africa for 2 Music Video Awards in the Best Hip Hop Video and Best Special Effects categories.
• In March 2008 they were awarded 2 Go Urban award in the Best Hip Hop Group & Best Video categories, in a vote determined by the public, and were rated the Best Guest on Yo-tv.
Also in March 2008, they received our first SAMA nomination in the Best Video category.
• In the same year, their music ran with a Standard Bank recruitment video going on a nationwide road show to various universities.
• Testimony to their performance prowess is their inclusion in the double cd compiled by national radio 5fm Live At 5 in 2010.
• The singles “She Parties” and “Desvalidos” off their yet-to-be-released album Prepare To Rise have already reached No.1 on national radio.
• On 26 June 2008 the band made history with The Times Media Online by being the first multimedia portal to launch a music video, which was Eyes Open. This had never been done before.
• One of their highlight performances was in front of a plus 25 000 crowd in Nelspruit at the Ligwalagwala fm’s 26th birthday party at Nelspruit Stadium in 2008.
• This was followed by the band being the opening act for International Hip hop star 50 Cent and G-Unit in Cape Town at the Belville Velodrome.
• They also performed on Big Brother Africa eviction show and were voted Best Performance by the African audience, of 52 million viewers. Their DJ Soosh became the resident DJ on Big Brother Africa in 2008.
• The band performed at Ellis Park during the Super 14 Rugby match between the Lions and the Stormers.
• They performed at the 2008 Vodacom Adrenaline Rush at Durban’s north beach, as well as at the Valley of the Waves Spring Break in Sun City for two consecutive years.
• Their collaboration with Straatligkinders has opened Koldproduk to a broader Afrikaans market, which has lead to performances at OppiKoppi, the 2010 MK awards at The Teatro at Monte Casino and the countrywide Desvalidos tour in 2009.
• March 2008 saw the inclusion of koldproduk as one of the 10 brand ambassadors for the Levi’s Young Guns music campaign for the next year, where they choose the most promising up and coming bands.
• In 2009 Soosh and Moki were selected as brand ambassadors for DC Shoes, and Levi’s Eyewear.
• Koldproduk performed live during SA Fashion Week 2007 at FTV Sandton in StephG’s fashion show on 1 Sept 2007, beginning an annual association with Koldproduk merchandise and a relationship with high end fashion.
• 2009 saw the expansion of the band’s merchandise to include an exclusive female range, with Miss SA 2008 Tansey Coetzee being one of the proud owners.
• In 2010 they partnered with another international brand Scull Candi.
• Uproot Records and Koldproduk support Ikageng Itereleng Aids Ministry in Soweto Joburg.
• They have also worked with the Breast Health Foundation on publishing our music along with their Biking for Breast Health Campaign which was a huge success.
• This band performed with other artists in Newtown at a benefit concert to raise funds for Darfur, Sudan on 15 Sept 2007.
• Their work goes beyond music, and in 2008 Koldproduk was invited to give a motivational speech at the Prize giving ceremony of Jubilee Hall at Wits University.
Since then Moki has given two similar speeches for the Allan Gray Orbis Foundation.
• Did you know that Moki Sage is a Green Star SA Accredited© architect with a Masters degree?
Now log onto www.myspace.com/koldprodukproject and register on www.koldproduk.com for exclusive bootlegs and downloads, or join us on bookFace and follow “KoldproduK” on Twitter so you can experience the hype about Koldproduk for yourself.
We look forward to seeing you at our next live show.
Prepare To Rise!