To facilitate teaching and learning in the Photojournalism and Documentary Photography Programme (PDP) through logistics and resource management, and to contribute to the development of a curriculum that is relevant to the media sector and contemporary documentary practice.
• A relevant qualification (photography, visual arts, media, journalism)
• Minimum 1 years experience in a junior management or supervisory position within the media, arts and culture industries, non-profit OR minimum 3 years relevant experience in the media, arts and culture, non-profit
• A good understanding of the needs of photojournalists and documentary photographers in South Africa and the continent as a whole, and also a critical awareness of the nature and role of the media on the continent.
• Good communication, writing and organisational skills.
• Excellent computer skills – especially MAC based, good knowledge and understanding of Photoshop, internet research, email
• Work well under pressure
• Experience of working at an education and training NGO or similar organisation would be an advantage
• Compliment the skills set of the Market Photo Workshop
• Committed to excellence in and relevance of photography education in South Africa
• Passionate, driven and dynamic
Level of education: Relevant qualification – either in photography, cultural management and/or Media.
R7,500 - R9,000 per month cost to company negotiated according to qualifications and experience.
Only applications submitted electronically will be considered and must include:
1. A covering letter: summarise career, explain interest in the position.
2. A comprehensive CV with contactable references.
Manager: Programmes and Projects
Deadline for application: Tuesday 22 April 2014 at 12h00
Shortlisted candidates must be available for an interview 29th April 2014
The successful candidate will need to start in June 2014 or soon thereafter
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Qualified people from historically disadvantaged groups are especially encouraged to apply
The Market Photo Workshop reserve the right not to employ a suitable candidate is not found
For more information about this position visit www.marketphotoworkshop.co.za or contact us on
+27(0)11 834 1444
The Market Photo Workshop is a division of The Market Theatre Foundation