JOB ADVERTISEMENT INTERNAL & EXTERNAL Head: Market Laboratory
Head: Market LaboratoryREF: 2022 / 11 / ML
About the Role
To lead the Market Theatre Laboratory in building a creative, inclusive and brave community that contributes to the theatre and performance field through learning, exchange, experimentation, research and making, primarily for the benefit and development of emerging creatives from subaltern backgrounds between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Lead the design, scheduling and implementation of all the Laboratory’s education programmes, including the full-time theatre and performance courses and all part-time courses, to ensure the delivery of high quality of arts education.
- Programme the Ramolao Makhene Theatre towards the Lab’s purpose of facilitating community building and growth for emerging theatre makers
- With the Head of the Windybrow, manage the Kwasha! Theatre Company so that it serves its purpose as a bridge between education and work for young performing arts graduates
- Conceptualise, fundraise for and implement projects that further the Lab’s purpose of creating opportunities for experimentation, exchange, learning, research and making
- Contribute to the healthy functioning of the MTF as a whole through effective people management
- Contribute to the healthy functioning of the MTF as a whole through effective administrative management
- Relationship Building
- Performance Reporting: Timeous and accurate submission of quarterly, annual and ad-hoc performance and compliance reports
- Risk Management
Arts degree or equivalent experience, with a specialization in art education
Minimum 7 years experience in teaching in performing art-related subjects.
Minimum 4 years experience in designing and implementing performing arts learning programmes, including curriculum development.
Minimum 3 years experience as HOD, producing or project management
Work Ethics and Values
Impact and Influence
Legislation, policies, procedures and standards
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the reference number of the post. ITC & criminal checks will be conducted and where applicable, candidates will be subjected to an assessment test.
The Market Theatre Foundation reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. Preference will be given to appointable applicants from the under-represented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the MTF.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Enquiries may be directed to Phanuel Pooe @ (011) 832 1641 ext 221
THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: 20 January 2022