The Vision of the Market Theatre Foundation is to create an authentic South African cultural experience which is committed to providing the highest level of artistic excellence in all aspects of the performing and visual arts in which the education and development of a diverse community of artists, audiences and technicians is assured.
Vision & Mission
In order to realize our vision, our mission is to ensure the long-term future of the MTF by: Producing and providing a platform for a professional performing and visual arts repertoire that is authentic and artistically.
- Developing the next generation of South African performing and visual arts talent.
- Engaging, educating and developing a diverse community through the performing and visual arts to become enthusiastic audience members and supporters.
- We are proudly South African and deeply conscious of our history and current social context.
- We value and protect our artistic independence and right of free expression.
- We produce and present authentic SA and international art that is innovative and of the highest quality.
- We value our clients and aim to delight them with our offerings and service.
- We are conscious of and accept our social responsibility to train quality artists and to use our art forms to improve people’s lives.
- We are custodians of the Market and always act in its best interest within the parameters of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, legislation and the principles of good governance.
- We respect all our stakeholders and their needs.
- We treat all people with respect and act with honesty and integrity in all we do.