The incubation programme is sponsored by the Department of Sports Arts and Culture Incubation Programme. Through this programme the department aims to help emerging practitioners to hone their skills through mentorship and propel them to professional status. The process also puts a strong emphasis on home-grown content to hopefully generate exciting new productions for the theatre-going public.
- All members of the group must have South African ID
- Groups are to reside within boundaries of City of Johannesburg
- Group members need to be between 18 and 35 years old
- Only full-time theatre practitioners can apply, no students/learners allowed to participate
- Groups must secure their own rehearsal venue for site visits and fieldwork. No rehearsal venue will be provided by Market Theatre
- All groups must adhere to the confirmed site visit schedule, no deviations will be allowed. Failure to adhere will result in disqualification.
- Failure to comply will all the requirements, will result in immediate disqualification
- Rights of admission reserved