JOB ADVERTISEMENT IN INTERNAL & EXTERNAL
RECEPTIONIST & ADMIN ASSISTANT
REF: 2022 / 04 / 06
About the Role
About the Role
To provide generic front office management and reception services, attend to visitors and deal with enquiries telephonically and face to face. Supply information regarding the organization to the public, clients, and patrons. , and administrative duties for FOH department.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Direct visitors
- Record messages in a message book and ensure that all messages are delivered to intended recipients
- Coordinate MTF tour packages/bookings and conducting them (being a tour guide).
- Provide general administrative and clerical support to FOH line manager & HOD when required
- Responsible for scheduling boardroom bookings
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk and issuing access cards to new appointments /students
- Maintains telephone system by following manufacturer’s instructions and report all switchboard technical issues to IT
- Monitor and Maintain office equipment
- Control inventory relevant to reception area and FOH department
- Perform added duties and any projects or tasks as delegated by the line Manager
Desired Experience &
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Office Admin
- Minimum 2-3years relevant working experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise
- Ability to maintain a positive, friendly attitude even under high pressure
- Knowledge of Administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and must be multilingual
- Telephone etiquette and able to operate a switchboard
- Knowledge and interest of the Arts sector would be advantageous, but is not a requirement
Interested persons who meet the requirements are invited to send a concise CV to the Human Resources Department via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the reference number of the post. ITC & criminal checks will be conducted and where applicable, candidates will be subjected to an assessment test.
The Market Theatre Foundation reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. Preference will be given to appointable applicants from the under-represented designated groups in terms of the relevant employment equity plans and policies of the MTF. Designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, as amended, means black people, women, and people with disabilities.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Enquiries may be directed to Phanuel Pooe @ (011) 832 1641 ext 221 THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: 20 May 2022